Glyphs doesn't see libraries

Hello, I just bought and installed Glyphs today but there is a problem with plugins. I tried to install @RafalBuchner stemthickness as well as LScadencer and glyphs doesn’t see both of them. I asked @RafalBuchner and he thinks that glyphs cannot find installed python libraries but he doesn’t know the solution for it…I would appreciate with any one could help, I’m really stuck with it now.

Please go to Preferences > Addons > Modules, and click “Install Modules”, and restart the application. Does that work?

1 Like

That was the first step I did but it didn’t help, also tried to reinstall it couple of times…

Try restarting once with Shift held down (safe mode, deletes caches), then again without (normal restart).

Did you ever have other Python or module installs on your machine?

`The plugins might be reporting an error. In Windows > Macro Panel, the bottom part is the text output of the scripts and plugins (if anything goes wrong, the error should be reported there). Do you see anything?

I’ve restarted with shift, but its still the same. I don’t think I had other python or module isntalled

I checked Macro Panel:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/Users/nieuw/Library/Application Support/Glyphs/Plugins/LSCadencerTool.glyphsReporter/Contents/Resources/boot.py”, line 47, in
_run(‘LSCadencer.py’)
File “/Users/nieuw/Library/Application Support/Glyphs/Plugins/LSCadencerTool.glyphsReporter/Contents/Resources/boot.py”, line 45, in _run
execfile(path, globals(), globals())
File “/Users/nieuw/Library/Application Support/Glyphs/Plugins/LSCadencerTool.glyphsReporter/Contents/Resources/LSCadencer.py”, line 18, in
from cadencer import *
File “/Users/lukasschneider/Library/Application Support/Glyphs/Plugins/LSCadencerTool.glyphsReporter/Contents/Resources/cadencer/init.py”, line 82, in
File “GlyphsApp/init.py”, line 978, in
objc.BadPrototypeError: Objective-C expects 1 arguments, Python argument has 2 arguments for <unbound selector callback of callbackHelperClass at 0x1266d6370>
File “/Users/nieuw/Library/Application Support/Glyphs/Repositories/StemThickness/StemThickness.glyphsReporter/Contents/Resources/boot.py”, line 47, in
_run(‘StemThickness.py’)
File “/Users/nieuw/Library/Application Support/Glyphs/Repositories/StemThickness/StemThickness.glyphsReporter/Contents/Resources/boot.py”, line 45, in _run
execfile(path, globals(), globals())
File “/Users/nieuw/Library/Application Support/Glyphs/Repositories/StemThickness/StemThickness.glyphsReporter/Contents/Resources/StemThickness.py”, line 14, in
from GlyphsApp.plugins import *
objc.BadPrototypeError: Objective-C expects 1 arguments, Python argument has 2 arguments for <unbound selector callback of callbackHelperClass at 0x126025b28>
LSCadenculatorTool

for Ls Cadenculator I have:

File “”, line 6, in
objc.BadPrototypeError: Objective-C expects 1 arguments, Python argument has 2 arguments for <unbound selector callback of callbackHelperClass at 0x1266ede68>
File “”, line 1
ls cadenculator
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Can you remove the plug-in and try again?

yes, but it didn’t help

Plugins are in Library, when I try to install modules in preferences, it doesn’t help as well. Then when I try to click on plugin from Menu>edit only one plugins out of three shows up (others two should be in Menu>view) and I get a message that I don’t have vanilla, Robofab and fontTools, even tho I tried to Installed them form preferences modul

If the installing of modules doesn’t work there are two reasons. You might have installed a custom Python version. Or there is something wrong with the paths/sitepackages folder.

The easiest solution is to got to /Library/Python/2.7/site-packages copy the path, open Finder, press cmd+shift+G, paste the path).
in that folder, you should find a folder for fonttools, robofab and vanilla. Copy all three into ~/Library/Application Support/Glyphs/Scripts (in Glyphs, click Open Script Folder from the Script menu) and restart Glyphs.

Thank you for your reply! I copied it to script folder, restarted glyphs, reinstalled plugins and still doesn’t work. and same message appears

Can you:

1. redownload the app, and
  2. try in a different user?

I think it might be actually a problem with one of the plugins.
Can you send the error message you are getting again?

Thank you guys again for help! I tried different user but it did not help. I tried to install 5 plugins and Glyphs doesn’t see any of them, even tho they are in plugin folder. One of them ( LS Cadenculator) somehow appears in Menu>Edit but when I click it I et window with this message: “This plugin needs the vanilla, robofab and fontTools module to be installed for python 2.7.” even tho I did placed all this in Scripts folder from site-packages

I had the same problem with LS Cadenculator; follows is what fixed it:
If GSPen is in a Scripts subfolder, move it to the top level of the Scripts folder. That fixed it, for me.

I don’t see GSPen in any of my glyphs folders, in Script folder I only have Vanilla Robofab and fontTools. So it seems like not there at all

I don’t know why Vanilla/Robofab/fontTools are in the Scripts folder. That’s not where they should be.

Download GSPen and put it in the Scripts folder, from here:

Vanilla/Robofab/fontTools are in the Scripts folder because it was an advice form @GeorgSeifert few posts up. Thank you for link! I downloaded it and dragged GSPen to script folder but nothing changed apparently…Glyphs still doesn’t see plugins