Glyphs incredibly slow

I’m in the kerning stage of my font, and have found the easiest and quickest way to make sure I get all letter combinations without having to slowly type it all out is to simply copy and paste large portions of random text into the Text View, and then kern from there. However, when I do this the glyphs app becomes extremely slow, probably due to the large amount of text. Closing all other tabs fails to make the app any faster, and similarly closing all other external apps to free up some memory on my mac makes no difference either. I realize I could fix this by simply copying and pasting less text, however the more text I have, the more letter combinations are covered, so just to eliminate hassle I was wondering if there was anything else I could do to speed the app up? Another issue I have is that my mac only has 4 GB 1600 MHz memory, so it can get bogged down pretty easily.

Restart.
If the problem persists, please check Console.app and Activity Monitor.app while it happens. I suppose there is some background process eating up CPU.

You should not add more than a paragraph to the edit view. Use the sample text selector (cmd + opt +). You can change the texts in the preferences.