Glyphs mini and Glyphs have a lot of bugs, bugs and bugs

You are also forgetting that Mini has trial period. It may not let you discover everything, but it would be terribly unfair to set the trial period indefinitely until you do.

I am not saying that the difference list is exhaustive nor surprised that it isn’t, just standing by the stylistic sets in particular. My issue was your tone, seeing malicious intent where there is none.

As for the “Stylistic sets are not available” description, there are more than 200 OT features unavailable in mini. This correction is specific to your case and mentioning stylistic set as unsupported does not make sense, neither does listing them all. I still stand by my opinion that the current description is serviceable, but it might be a good idea to say “Only these features are supported:…” or something like that, but then again that still requires the reader to reverse the implication and won’t eliminate misunderstanding. As you say, there’ll always be people who won’t read carefully enough anyway :wink:

4 Likes

I think for me personally as an observer, the description is absolutely sufficient and if it wasn’t clear I think for me it would be the least problematic just to quickly ask before buying, instead of making accusations afterwards. I think the developing team here is very professional and supportive and I think they for sure would have explained you the specification more detailed.

Also, I think for a developer, it doesn’t make sense to negatively state what an app doesn’t include but rather positively what it includes, except not being able to export stylistic set is a benefit, like e.g. gluten-free or no artificial sweeteners.

Just what I think.

2 Likes