Glyphs produced fonts not embedding into MS Word Template

…but the fonts embed just fine when saved as a Word document, just not when it’s a template format - see screenshot (left template, right document). Seems to work with Adobe (Garamond, Myrid) + Google (Lato) Fonts, so not just an MS issue. Has anyone had any experience of this issue or might know why it’s happening and how it might be fixed?

I’ve run through fontvalidator and only error i’m getting is:
‘E2101 There are undefined bits set in fsSelection field Bit(s) 7’
…any ideas?

Many thanks in advance

I’m exporting as .ttf and fsType embedding is set to ‘installable’ in custom parameters (I’ve also tried saving as ‘editable’ - didn’t work either).

If it works in one case but not in the other, it is most likely a bug in Word.

We have this issue when we try to embed a font into a powerpoint template (windows 10) even though the font is set to fs type “Installable”. Any solution?

Is this a .otf or .ttf font?

We tried both file format and the issue remains. Checked the name lenght aswell to be within 32 characters just to be sure and it still isn’t working.

Apparently the embedding seems to work when we use a legacy saving method on PPT (97-2003 ppt)…

1. Font must be TTF,
  2. embedding permission must be set (should be the default AFAIK) as installable or editable,
  3. on the Mac, ‘ability to embed fonts is only available to Microsoft 365 subscribers and in PowerPoint 2019 for Mac’ according to Microsoft.