Glyphs shorcuts with direction key are broken šŸ„²

I donā€™t know why; it used to work before, but now, when I set a shortcut with a directional key, itā€™s not working, and when I close and reopen Glyphs, the directional key is gone from the TextField shortcut.

3.2 (3248)

Only way to fix it is the set directly theses shortcuts in :
System Preferences > Keyboard shortcuts > App Shortcuts

I recently updated to Sonoma; maybe thatā€™s why these shortcuts stopped working suddenly.

Here is what is store in my com.GeorgSeifert.Glyphs3.plist

If I edit manually plist like this, it work :

<key>Show Masters of Next Glyph</key>
<string>~^ā†’</string>
<key>Show Masters of Previous Glyph</key>
<string>~^ā†</string>
1 Like

Ah, that explains a lot. Thanks for pointing us in that direction. Could be the clue for a bugfix in the near future.

1 Like

Any news about a possible fix ? This bug is very annoying :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

Iā€™ve also been unable to use next/previous master shortcuts, just within the last few weeks. This seems to be the case regardless of what shortcuts I assign to them.

My typical shortcut is command+bracket, or that plus other mod keys. I have also used page up/down in the past, but that no longer works, either. That is to say: I donā€™t think this is necessarily a bug related to directional keys in shortcuts, but may be specifically about master navigation. (Or maybe it is two separate bugs, if directional keys arenā€™t working for any shortcut functionsā€¦ I havenā€™t tested this.)

Those commands do still work in the View menu, but obviously, that no longer feels like a shortcut. I can at least still set it under macOS System Settings, however.

By default it is Opt-PgUp/PgDn. This works for me. Note that on a MacBook keyboard, you press fn-Opt-Up/Down.

Setting a new keystroke works for me after an app restart. It mustnā€™t collide with anything the system occupies already.

Tested in 3.3 (3305).