Glyphs version 3

I bought Glyphs 2 from FounderType in August 2020, can I upgrade to Glyphs3?

I had the same problem as a few users, I bought Glyphs2 in May, just 6 months ago, and don’t qualify for an update. Even though the discount is very much appreciated :slight_smile: , it would have been great to have a larger grace period since I’m still learning how to use Glyphs2!

1 Like

Moreover, it is a violation of EULA when you sell customer a license, release update and remove old version downloads. Let us know where to download v2 app, since there is no direct download available from website.

What exactly is unclear about the grace period? If you purchased a Glyphs 2 on or after 1 June 2020, you will get a free upgrade. When did you purchase your license?

Where did you buy a subscription? We do not offer any, only licenses for one-time payments.

We did not remove old version downloads. Glyphs 2 can still be downloaded here, as always before, and from within the app (Glyphs > Check for Updates).

You will be able to get the upgrade from our new contractors 3type. Are you in their WeChat group? There is a Chinese online event planned for Monday.

Well, to be fair, you have to draw the line somewhere. And I do not know of any other software title on the market today that has a six-month grace period. To put this into perspective, Panic Software, for instance, grants free upgrades only within two weeks.

Purchased my Glyphs 2 on June 11. Phew. That was a close one.

What about loading the old scripts from the previous version, i,e. MekkaBlue set?

You can install them in the Plugin Manager.

1 Like

Is there any known incompatibility with Big Sur or can I safely update?

The app should work fine but the plugins will cause some problems. We’ll fix those in the next few days.

1 Like

Thanks, I will wait a few more days then.

LOVE the new logo!

2 Likes

Hello, will I keep the Glyphs 2 app when I upgrade ? Or will G3 replace G2 ?

happily side by side

3 Likes

I totally understand.
It’s just bad luck for me, I bought it 6 days before June 1st (May 25th) :woman_facepalming: hahah :grimacing:

Huge congrats on the launch!

I am not in their WeChat group.
I contacted FounderType and 3Type (WeChat) respectively…
They didn’t solve my problem :thinking:.

As you wish. You can install them side by side. They use different preferences and different App Support folders.

Why, what did they say?

The Chinese launch is on Monday. Look for the online event.

How upgrades are handled exactly depends on which agreements are established between FounderType and 3Type. I do not know those details. But I assume it will be explained on Monday.

1 Like