Glyphs won’t open on new Mac

Just ported my data to a new Mac and find I can’t open Glyphs on it. The popup says my trial period is over. I’ve tried dragging my license file (the suffix is ‘.glyphs2License’, but it’s the only one I have) to the drag-and-drop area as instructed and nothing happens; double-cllcking the license file just makes Glyph quit. Trashing my copy of G3, redownloading the latest, and restarting doesn’t change anything.

I can’t lay hands on the invoice just at the moment, but I am paid up and have been running G3 on both my DT and laptop machines. Do I need to take it off my old DT machine before it will open up on the new one?

I’m running Sonoma 14.4.1. Many thanks for anything you can do to

You have a license for Glyphs 2. But downloaded Glyphs 3. That needs a new license. You can download Glyphs 2 here: https://updates.glyphsapp.com/latest2.php

If you bought G3 but cannot find your G3 license, email: office at glyphsapp and they can find it for you.

1 Like

Thanks, Georg. But I upgraded to 3 and have been running it just fine up to now.

Thanks, George. I’ll do that.

Look for a file with a .glyphs3license suffix.

Thanks, Rainer. I did that before coming to the forum; I’d somehow lost it. Anyway, Tim at the office fixed me up with a replacement, which I will guard with my life.