How to create this on Glyphs?

Hey guys,

I’m new to Glyphs, I would appreciate it if anyone can help me to create this on Glyphs.

I sketched this out on paper and was wondering how to control the width of the stroke on glyphs.

Thanks a bunch.

Welcome!

What exactly do you mean by controlling the width of the stroke? Are you planning to draw a middle line and then add a stroke?

Two suggestions:

1. In Glyphs 3, you can apply a stroke to a path in the bottom right panel. You can leave the stroke applied without expanding the outlines, allowing you a lot of flexibility.
  2. For far more advanced stroke control, you can look into the LTTRINK plugin, which is also available for Illustrator.

Thank you so much. Is there another solution around this? Is this the only plugin?

That depends on what you want to do. If you’re intending to use highly customisable strokes with skeleton structures, LTTRINK is the plugin to go for.

I personally always prefer drawing everything by hand. It’s very good practice, most of all. You can use the native stroke feature in Glyphs that I pointed out, and work from there, adjusting the expanded outlines by hand.

From what I can see in your screenshot, it appears you traced an image in Illustrator. You can simply copy-paste the paths into Glyphs.

Again, I’m unsure of what exactly you are looking for, maybe you could explain in more detail what you are trying to achieve, how, and why. Then it’s easier to point you into a specific direction or suggest alternative ideas.

This tutorial might help: Sketching | Glyphs