How to make initial forms follow the uppercase?

Hey,

I used @mekkablue script to build OT classes and the “build positional calt feature”.
Everything works great!

Now I’m trying to add more code, so that the initial forms follow the uppercase and got an error:

MakeOTF error Error: “invalid token (text was “?”)” in Feature calt in line: 9

In the screenshot you can see how I tried to do it. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

It looks like you might have a right single quotation mark () there instead of the apostrophe (').

1 Like

That’s it! What a rookie mistake! I was looking at the wrong things to spot the mistake.

Thanks a ton!

Weird. This should not happen in the first place. Which version of the app are you running? And how did you install the script(s)?

What caused the error was not generated with your script.
It was working fine, but then I added some code manually and that was the problem. In the code I added manually I typed quotation marks instead of apostrophes.

@vitoriaseven: Which version of the app are you running? Look in Glyphs > About Glyphs. The number between brackets is the build number, is it approximately 900 or approximately 1000?

' should not be converted to in the first place, this was fixed some time ago. Perhaps try updating to the latest cutting edge version in Glyphs > Preferences > Updates. Alternatively, right click in the text editing field and disable Substitutions > Smart Quotes:

Just checked. I am running an older version (2.3) but will update to the latest one.

Thanks