How to round corners for letters like V

I’m trying to figure out the best practice for rounding the corner of letters like V and A, etc. As you can see below, I have the rounded corner drawn (image on left), but it’s calling for an extremum point.

But when I add that point (image on right), it kinks because of the grid (set to 1). I can fix this by setting the grid to 0, but then I get decimal coordinates.

My concern is that a font with decimal coordinates could cause problems. Curious how best to solve? Is it ok to leave it without an extremum point for all masters, or are decimal coordinates ok to have with final exported font?

Thanks!

22%20AM 31%20AM

Yes. The only problem you have is that you cannot put a vertical stem hint there.

Some printer drivers and PDF creation in Quark XPress will produce artefacts around the start points.

Thanks for your reply and guidance. I appreciate it. I’ll probably leave it without the extremum point to avoid the decimal coordinates. I’m imaging the lack of a vertical stem hint for those few characters won’t make much of a difference in the overall quality of the font.