Illustrator kerning issue with variable font

Hi All,

I am having a weird problem with a variable font I’m working on. Illustrator is not interpolating kerning, so my narrow master is getting kerning from an ultra-wide master. I dropped my font file in wakamaifondue.com and everything looks okay. Is this a known issue?

Thanks in advance!

Try resetting start points.

Try changing the kerning between L and Y in one or more Masters by a tiny amount, like 1u or so.

Make sure you have the latest cutting edge version of the app.

Hi mekkablue,

Thanks for your suggestions! Unfortunately neither resetting start points or pushing around the kerning seems to work. Any other hunches?

I’m running Glyphs Version 2.6.4 (1285).

I’ve also piggybacked onto an Adobe Illustrator bug report that seems to be explaining the same issue I’m facing.

1 Like

Can you please send me the .glyphs file to support (at) (this website without www). I will have a look.

Just sent! Feel free to publicly shame me if I am missing something obvious. :joy:

2 Likes

Any updates or hunches?

As fare as I can tell, the font is fine. It works in all my browsers in the fontview app. Please file a bug report with Adobe.

I was really hoping it would be a Glyphs problem! You guys are the best. Thanks for all the help. Wish me luck with Adobe! :dizzy_face: