Actually, I want to import the features from separate .fea files for each script. That works fine if I import features for Khmer, as the master file contains the Khmer glyphs. But I get an error for Latin, because those glyphs are in the secondary source.
(I don’t want to try and copy-paste hundreds of lines of code from the .fea files from the designers into separate features in the main file, that’s a good way to risk human error, and it would take quite an effort to figure out the order of features/lookups if the source .fea files order them in different ways.)
Because the Thai marks are in the secondary, linked file and the dotted circle is in the master file, no mark features are being generated automatically for combinations of Thai marks with dotted circle. Same .glyphs file I sent Georg on 9 September.
Bumpy bump please. Import font has these problems:
cannot include .fea files for the imported glyphs, either in the secondary/linked source or the main/master source
no mark attachment code for imported glyphs (marks) attaching to glyphs in the main source (dotted circle)
auto alignment goes haywire on imported glyphs (auto alignment is disabled on the secondary/imported source but enabled in the main source. It needs to be that way as the sources are in different scripts where different approaches work best.
glyphOrder of linked source is not respected (imported glyphs are shown in Glyphs’ default categories)
When I put the #Automatic Code End adjustments in the ABVM feature that seems to work but only when it’s in the Glyphs source. When it’s in the included Khmer .fea file, that lookup doesn’t make it into the Temp folder .fea file so the fonts don’t get those adjustments.