Imported UFO has wrong component offset

Hello,

I have an issue when I try to import UFOs in Glyphs.

The problem is the X and Y offset of components in composite glyphs, which is being modified by Glyphs during the import process.

It appears that Glyphs cannot handle composite GLYF in which the first component has an offsets different from (0, 0), or any of the components has yOffset different from 0.

For example, my UFO contains composite glyphs such as this one (look at the xOffsets and yOffsets):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

However, after opening the UFO in Glyphs, the composite GLYF is modified in this way:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

Thanks for your support.

All best,

Cosimo

What happens if you enable “Disable Automatic alignment for imported files” in Preferences > User before you open the ufo?

Yes, that was it.

I enabled the checkbox in the Preferences, and the imported UFO now keeps the original component alignment.

Thank you!

C.

Brilliant, I was just about to ask.

It also crossed my mind—wouldn’t it make sense to disable automatic alignment for imported files by default and add an “Enable Automatic alignment for imported files” instead?

That really depends on your workflow. Most people expect accents to be automatically aligned. Only if you have special requirements for your workflow, you need to set this. And then you probably have had a look at the preferences by than...