Insert Brace Layers for Component Rotation script

A few questions about @mekkablue’s Insert Brace Layers for Component Rotation script:

1. Am I correct that the point of this is to (approximately) maintain in-between shapes for rotating components, like for example if a square rotates to a diamond, the corners will follow a more curved path keeping the shape the same size?

2. Am I to run the script on the glyphs containing components, or on the glyphs that are the source for the components?

3. I get this error
    AttributeError: 'NSKVONotifying_GSFontMaster' object has no attribute 'weightValue'
    Is there a weight axis required (and if so, why)? Or is there something else amiss. This is in G3.

1. Yes.
  2. On the glyphs containing the components. In the masters, it requires components with different rotation settings. That is why it needs an axis.
  3. It has not been updated for Glyphs 3 yet. I was about to take the script out completely. It may require quite a rewrite. I’ll see what we can do.

Okay, thanks for the info.
Since my pixel font also has an axis for the size of the pixel shapes, there aren’t really shapes this script could produce that can’t already be found by the right combo of sliders, and I’m already a little alarmed at the font file sizes I’m producing, so in the end such brace layers may be more trouble than they’re worth.