Insert weight instances Issue

I am trying to use a script mekkablue>Insert weight instances. When i click the Insert button nothing happens. There is a message in Macro panel:

could not convert string to float: '1\xa0000'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "GlyphsApp/GlyphsApp/__init__.py", line 1353, in drawForegroundForLayer_options_
  File "plugin.py", line 176, in syncMetricsKeys
    self.syncAll()
  File "plugin.py", line 217, in syncAll
    Glyphs.redraw()
  File "GlyphsApp/GlyphsApp/__init__.py", line 1537, in __redraw__
objc.error: NSGenericException - The window has been marked as needing another Display Window pass, but it has already had more Display Window passes than there are views in the window. 
<GSWindow: 0x17455bb10> 0x112 (274) {{0, 0}, {1341, 944}} en

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "Insert Instances.py", line 497, in CreateInstances
    distributedValues = self.Distribution()
  File "Insert Instances.py", line 275, in Distribution
    b = float(self.w.master2.get())
ValueError: could not convert string to float: '1\xa0000'

I don’t understand at all what it means. It looks like the other plugins are working fine. And I have 3.9.1 (Glyphs) Python version and Vanilla installed. Can someone tell me why it doesn’t work and what I cat to do with it?

Can you post a screenshot of the dialog?

It looks like it was too early to write this post. I just found the problem. Previously I had a value of 1000 in the through field. When I corrected it to 200 (also in the Bold master setting), the problem was solved. Now everything is working great. Maybe this will help someone else.

Georg, thanks for the help anyway.

The error is with a wrong character in one of the text fields. But it looks fine in the screenshot.

1 Like