Intermediate layer for multiple axes

Hi,
I’m creating a font with two axes (width and weight). I want to refine the interpolation within one axis without affecting the second axis. I want to add intermediate layer, but I don’t know where to add it so it would only interact with the width axis.

Please have a look at my figure.

You most likely also need width 1.5, weight 2 and 3 for it to work as expected.

Depends on what your VF origin is. The same weight value as your origin master.

Hi Alexs, thanks for your reply, it makes sense so I tried it, but this affected all the weights, it made them thinner. Since I can’t attach a file, this is a link to it so you can have a look if you have some time. You can see the thinnest instances are broken. I know how to fix them. As a matter of fact, I already have (without extra layers), but I am curious how do intermediate layers work for multiple axes. WeTransfer - Send Large Files & Share Photos Online - Up to 2GB Free

Thanks for your reply Rainer,

Please have a look at the file if you find some time and let me know how should I do it. You can notice on the ampersand that the thinnest weights are broken.

Thanks in advance!

Theoretically, it would be possible to add an extra master at “1.5/1”. The problem is that the algorithm that is computing the variable export is not 100% as I like it.

I’m working on an improvements.

For now, you can add extra masters hat are not on the same place on one axis as the origin master.

Great, thanks Georg!