[internal] label not found

Trying to export to .ttf Glyphs display following error without exporting. Does anybody know what might cause the problem?

I ran into this error as well on a font I had imported and was tweaking. It turned out it was something in the Features tables, seemingly a syntax error in a language declaration. Ultimately, I just eliminated the feature, but Iā€™m sure a more careful look would have lead me to correct the syntax problem on the import.

Use the little ā€œcompileā€ button at the bottom of the Features screen to test this theory. I hit the same error in the ā€˜fracā€™ fraction definitions.

If you hit this, try removing everything in the features codeā€”just to see if it compiles. Then add it progressively back to isolate the error.

This might help: https://glyphsapp.com/tutorials/troubleshooting-a-font-that-does-not-export

1 Like

This error message stems directly from makeotf and is unfortunately badly worded. It usually occurs if you:

1. define a lookup after a script (e.g. script latn;), but before a language (e.g. language NLD;) declaration,
  2. and later in your code, call that lookup again without a script or language declaration.

Moving the lookup in question above the first script statement usually fixes the problem.

The error can be easily solved by generating features automatically.

1 Like