Is there a way for ligatures to automatically combine?

I’ve created many ligatures but will provide just one example to communicate my question. I’ve created o_w.liga and w_r.liga. These work great on their own. But how about cases where owr would call for the need of a 3 letter ligature. I can’t think of a real word that has owr in it, but you get the point. When I type owr, it only activates one of the ligatures. Is there some sort of code to combine ligatures when that may happen? Or would I just need to create o_w_r.liga etc. That’s fine if I need to, I just figured there may be an easier way.

“Lowrider”, a type of customized car in the US, is one such word. :slight_smile:

IMHO the best solution, in lieu of all specialized ligatures, is to create alt versions of letters which have special connection needs. Then it becomes a simple substitution, i.e “owr” when typed would actually use “o w r.alt”.

Ah! Lowrider is a perfect example haha. I hadn’t thought of that. Oh okay, that’s a good point. I will look into how to use .alt letters, thanks!