Kerning palette behaviour - duplicating a bunch of kerning pairs

Did something change in the kerning palette since 3.1? Previously I could copy all values for a specific glyph, “rename” all entries and then paste the values with the old name. Master by Master. In this way I could douplicate all values for use with a similar glyph.

Now - in 3.2 - the name change is executed immediately for all masters, so that the whole thing no longer works.

So how could I now duplicate all kerning pairs for a particular glyph.

Or goes something wrong here?

Can you send me a screencast of what you are doing there?

And this is no longer possible, because the rename takes place for all masters at once.

Bildschirmvideo aufnehmen 2024-04-22 um 14.16.44.mov.zip (8.7 MB)

maybe I should ask differently:
I have a glyph A (kerning classname “A”) that differs only slightly from glyph B (kerning classname “B”). Most of the kerning pairs from B would fit on A, some need to be adjusted a bit. I would now like to take all kerning pairs from B and assign them the class from A so that I can then customize them.
Defacto, all kerning pairs from B would have to be duplicated and given the class name “A” instead of the previous “B”. That is, what I did in 3.1. But how can I do that in 3.2?

1. Open Window > Kerning and filter for the A group. See the options under the magnifying lens symbol.
  2. Select and copy all kerning pairs you see displayed.
  3. paste them in a text editor (I like TextMate but TextEdit will do),
  4. find and replace the A group for the B group,
  5. select everything, copy and paste it back in the Kerning window.

Ahhh. It’s not in the docs, isn’t it?