Kernkraft cropped window

Hi there. When I run kernkraft plug-in, the panel is cropped because it’s too tall for my screen (13"), not allowing me to see the open tab button. Any suggestions?

This should be fixed since a long time: https://github.com/bBoxType/Kernkraft/issues/4

What exact resolution are you running, please?

Native resolution: 2560 by 1600 pixels (Retina); scaled resolutions: 1680 by 1050, 1440 by 900, and 1024 by 640 pixels

So what now?
Can you please be specific? Which one causes the issue?

Can you post a screenshot of the whole screen? (or send it by direct message).

I don’t know why it behaves like in the pic and what the cause of the issue is as well.
I’m running 2560 x 1600 (Retina)

I see the problem. I tried it myself and it barely fits on the screen of my 15" MacBook. So the dialog is to big. I think you get it below 780 pt height it would be good.

You could use two columns for the “Skip Categories” box. And reduce the space between rows. And maybe remove some of the horizontal lines?

And how often do you change the settings? Maybe put most info in an popup? Then you even could keep the window open after opening a tab.

Thank you both. That helps.

I’ll see what I can do. Unfortunately I’m off for a bit now, so you need to have a little patience.

@GeorgSeifert thanks for the tips. I’ll reopen the issue on Github and add those. Will have to entirely redesign the thing, because the gaps and horizontal lines where made for a reason. Narrower and it looks too cluttered. Or I put it in a drawer (like the one which is already there for the notes.

Slightly offtopic: @GeorgSeifert in this screenshot’s Reporter Toggler we can also see an issue with the vanilla checkbox when a reporter name is too long, it messes up the checkbox. I’ve seen this a lot. Do you know if this is fixable somehow?

1 Like

That is a vanilla problem. I can’t help with this. Maybe make the checkboxes much wider to avoid the cropping? Or experiment with the hight of the vanilla elements?

Or skip vanilla and use AppKit directly. It is a tiny bit more code but you have more control.

1 Like