Label Key plugin - not showing

Hey hey,

I’m having issues with the label Key plugin. It’s just not showing in my reporters any more.
the glyphspalette file is visible in the plugins folder, and the labelkey.txt file is saved in the same folder as the glyphs file. I’ve also tried restarting glyphs, but still nothing… any advice?

Running the latest build – Version 2.6.5 (1325) on Mac Catalina (version 10.15 (19A603))

thanks

Did you install the plug-in manually? Catalina’s new security requirements require installation through Window > Plugin Manager.

Yes. I removed all associated files from the plugins folder and uninstalled through the plugin Manager just incase. Then re-installed via the plugin Manager. But still nothing

Do you see anything in the macro panel?

Yes, I have the following… sorry should of thought of that first!

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "os.py", line 473, in __setitem__
    putenv(key, item)
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\u0301' in position 67: ordinal not in range(128)
  File "/Users/jonny/Library/Application Support/Glyphs/Repositories/Show Glyphs in Label Color/ShowGlyphsInLabelColor.glyphsReporter/Contents/Resources/plugin.py", line 26
    'es': 'los glifos en sus colores'
        ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
Wordfinder: You can set a custom directory from which to read text files as a font Custom Parameter called 'Wordfinder'
  File "GlyphsApp/GlyphsApp/plugins.py", line 909, in init
  File "plugin.py", line 50, in settings
    for colorData in colorsData:
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable
  File "GlyphsApp/GlyphsApp/UI/CanvasView.py", line 20, in drawRect_
  File "plugin.py", line 68, in draw
    for num, i in enumerate(self.order, 1):
AttributeError: 'labelKey' object has no attribute 'order'

Actually, turns out theres a few things in there!

I’ll have a look.

Thank you so much

It appears that the Label Key plug-in is trying to access the app’s label colors through a preferences called LabelColors but that preference is not provided by Glyphs (anymore). I’ll see what I can do.

This is a bug in Show Glyphs In Label Color. Just fixed that one.

You are right. To get the label colour, use GSGlyphsInfo.labelColors()

1 Like

Thanks @mekkablue and @GeorgSeifert.
Are these things I need to action? Or are they fixes for the product?

The plug-in seems to have been abandoned. I just spent 4 hours trying to understand and update it. Sad to say I failed. Long story short, Label Key is broken at the moment. I will remove it from the Plugin Manager.

@RobPratley: do you want to update it still? I could rewrite it. But I would abandon the external textfile construction and rather parse Font.notes.

@GeorgSeifert: the resize method for palettes does nothing. It remains at the size it was drawn at the first time.

Ah shame. Thanks for looking into it @mekkablue.

While it may return a warning, basically it still works, at least for me. I will continue using it.

I would not put it into font nodes. People might like to use if for something else. Maybe a custom parameter or userData.