Masters Converge To Single Point - Compatibility Issue

Hello,

This might be simple, but I can’t find in the forum or documentation about it. Maybe it’s expected behavior too, idk. But I’m trying to figure out what’s causing compatibility issues and I think this might be it? This is my first try at a variable font.

As you can see in the screenshot, my masters converge into a single point toward the light end. Every letter has compatibility issues and does this convergence.

Any thoughts? Is this my issue? How can I fix it?

I don’t quite understand. What does your Light master look like? Can you show just the paths in your Light master (or whatever master all your points converge into one point)?

Not truly a point, I just mean these compatibility lines converge.

They converge beyond the lightest master. Again, idk maybe this is just how it looks. I guess I would have expected the lines to stop on the lightest master there.

UPDATE: Restarted the app and all the compatibility issues are fixed.

They should, as you expect. I have run into this occasionally but don’t remember exactly how I fixed it. Perhaps correcting the path direction a couple of times fixed it for me.

Then there was a four master/layer. Something got stuck. If that happens again, or better if someone can reproduce this …