Mekkablue, steal kerning from indesign authorization problem

Dear Mekkablue,

I was trying to run steal kerning from InDesign script, but I receive this message on Macro panel. I decided to add permissions to Glyphs from security and privacy panel on Mojave, but I received the same output. I am using 2015 Indesign.

Thank you for your wonderful work and support :muscle:

Error output:

Accessing: Adobe InDesign CC 2015
AppleScript Error:
{
NSAppleScriptErrorAppName = “Adobe InDesign CC 2015”;
NSAppleScriptErrorBriefMessage = “Not authorized to send Apple events to Adobe InDesign CC 2015.”;
NSAppleScriptErrorMessage = “Not authorized to send Apple events to Adobe InDesign CC 2015.”;
NSAppleScriptErrorNumber = “-1743”;
NSAppleScriptErrorRange = “NSRange: {55, 16}”;
}
Tried to run:
002 tell application “Adobe InDesign CC 2015”
003 tell front document
004 name
005 end tell
006 end tell
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “”, line 112, in
AttributeError: ‘bool’ object has no attribute ‘strip’

It works for me, but I also have the respective permissions set in System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Automation > Glyphs.app. I never set them consciously though. I suppose at one point I must have confirmed a dialog.

Thats interesting, there is no option to add a specific application to Automation tab. I will try to install Xcode. There might be an option to add it via Xcode. The weird thing is, the system doesn’t show a notification like ‘do you allow this application to control the other application’ when I call the code. I will update you when I find a solution.

Thank you Mekkablue :slight_smile:

I have found a Terminal script

osascript -e ‘tell application “Glyphs”’ -e ‘set _b to bounds of window of desktop’ -e ‘end tell’

When I run this script a dialogue shows up and lets me add finder to Automation. Is it possible to do the same with Glyphs?

just replace Finder with Glyphs doesn’t do anything? You might need to write a AppleScript that works in Glyphs.

I used this terminal code but it added glyphs as a sub category under Terminal. I will install High Sierra until I find a solution. I will update you later :face_with_monocle:

osascript -e ‘tell app “Glyphs” to display dialog “woop woop”’

Hi guys, I got exactly the same error and message, how can I fix it ? Thanks !

Make sure the respective checkbox in System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Automation > Glyphs.app is on:

Thanks for your help. Unfortunately I don’t have the Glyphs app in the automation list, and I have no idea how I can add it

Btw I’m on Mojave
Tell me if there’s a solution

When you run it, there ought to be a dialog that asks for confirmation. Perhaps it is covered by another window.

Confirming that dialog adds the Glyphs entry in System Preferences.

I’ve been looking for a dialog window but unfortunately I have nothing. I think I did all the steps. Indesign with one page and one text box sets in Optical. Then I run the script in Glyphs and I have this output :

Accessing: Adobe InDesign CC 2019
AppleScript Error:
{
NSAppleScriptErrorAppName = “Adobe InDesign CC 2019”;
NSAppleScriptErrorBriefMessage = “Non autoris\U00e9 \U00e0 envoyer des \U00e9v\U00e9nements Apple \U00e0 Adobe InDesign CC 2019.”;
NSAppleScriptErrorMessage = “Non autoris\U00e9 \U00e0 envoyer des \U00e9v\U00e9nements Apple \U00e0 Adobe InDesign CC 2019.”;
NSAppleScriptErrorNumber = “-1743”;
NSAppleScriptErrorRange = “NSRange: {55, 16}”;
}
Tried to run:
002 tell application “Adobe InDesign CC 2019”
003 tell front document
004 name
005 end tell
006 end tell
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “”, line 112, in
AttributeError: ‘bool’ object has no attribute ‘strip’

Tell me if I miss anything

I’ve been looking all day for something, couldn’t find a way to make it work, and no dialog box at all

Every time I am trying to automate something, I get that dialogue. Perhaps you have a more restrictive security setting in System Preferences?

I don’t think so, I unlocked the settings in the preferences. Here’s is what I have when I try to use the script. Are running the script through another app or directly on Glyphs ?

I also tried with the settings on “App Store and identified developers”

I am sorry, your Mac does not allow the script to interact with InDesign. Some googling brought this up: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/51299066/macos-mojave-automator-not-authorized-to-send-apple-events-to-system-events

Maybe this helps you? Perhaps you need to uninstall and reinstall Glyphs to trigger the dialog again.

What version of Glyphs do you have?

Current script works well here with Glyphs 2.6.1 under OS 10.13.2. But have no Automation tab in Privacy section in System prefs you all are talking about