Hello, I have an issue with a font when exporting a pdf from Indesign.
Some letters with diacritics appears with a missing glyph symbol. But the related glyphs actually exists and they appear fine with other diacritics.
For example ç : the cedilla appears on a missing glyph, however c alone has no problem.
And the same diacritics (cedilla, ogonek and comma accent) works fine with other letters.
I installed it manually by dragging it in the User Library’s Font folder. So I tried the Adobe Font folder technique instead, I tried to install it through the Font Book, rebooting Indesign every time but nothing changed.
I also tried the techniques to eliminate font cache problems, it didn’t work but thanks for the suggestion.
Good news if it works fine for you, maybe the font is fine, it might come from my Adobe softwares. I tried with other apps like Affinity or Pages and there’s no problem.
Is there a way to decompose components automatically at export for specific letters? I thought a custom parameter could do it but I didn’t find anything
I know but somehow it worked. I added Decompose Glyphs in a Variable Font Setting > Custom Parameter.
I still don’t understand how/why Indesign treated these glyphs as composite at export. But at least this fixes it for now.
How is it handy to install fonts to the system and then reboot the app? Have you actually properly set up your Adobe Fonts folder? Using that, all you need to do is export your fonts to that folder, and it will automatically update in the Adobe apps, without rebooting anything.
What’s more, installing fonts to the system very often leads to cache problems, meaning you can never be sure the version you’re currently seeing is the one you installed. Avoid this.
I don’t only use this method to test my fonts from Glyphs, I have a shortcut to this folder in my dock and a drag/drop install a font. That’s how it’s handy.
Again I never have font cache issues and this doesn’t seem to be one either. But thanks for the advice.
Ok. What makes me think that it’s not a cache issue is that I also tried to install the font with a different family name. In the tutorial you shared I read that the font caches are linked to the font name.
If you simply define an alias which points to your export location and sits in your Adobe Fonts folder, all you have to do is export your font. It will automatically update instantly in all Adobe apps, no cache issues.