New plugin: Favourites, a window for quick access to Glyphs files

I have Glyphs files in so many different folders, dropbox, git repositories … every minute spent searching for a file is time I can’t spend working on fonts :wink:

Favourites to the rescue: A window for quick access to your favourite Glyphs files.

favourites

It also tracks how much time you spend working on each file. This is shown in the Relevance column of the window.

Open the window via the menu Window → Favourites or by using the shortcut ctrl-D.

• Drag in a file from Finder to add it to the list.
  • Double-click any entry in the window to open the file.
  • Select an entry in the window and press the delete key to remove it from the list.

Install Favourites through the plugin manager.

Source code is available on GitHub.

9 Likes

Wonderful. You already got a big phat :heart: from me for using British English spelling :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

The localization for Russian (and I think Czech too) suggests these favourites. :smiley: If you were going for the typical “bookmarks” meaning, it’s usually Избранное and Oblíbené correspondingly.

Thank you! I updated the translations. In German, we also have that meaning of favourite that you linked to, but it is totally eclipsed by Internet Explorer calling bookmarks favourites :slight_smile:

In cases like this I like to peek into the translation that Apple’s apps use. Here are the localizations from Safari:

1 Like

where did you take that screenshot from?

Unfinished personal project #‌732 aka. “System Glossary”. I might find the time someday to polish and publish it. If you are interested, you can get the current dev version, but it’s barely usable (e.g. you will have to wait for a few minutes after the app launches and hope anything happens).

1 Like