🧰 New Plugin : Rainbow FontView

Rainbow FontView

Rainbow FontView is a plugin to filter FontView based on Layer Color of Selected Master.

@mekkablue @GeorgSeifert I’d be quite interested in your opinion on it, and how to make it less wacky.

3 Likes

Ha ha, it is installed and in use. It is a very useful tool, which is exactly what I need. Thank you.

But there is a question, why can only be used for layer color classification?

This is super cool. I had smart filters set up just to filter the colour-labelled glyphs. This will make me happy. Is it available on Plugin Manager?

This looks very useful! For many years, I have been trying to convince the Glyphs people that sorting is more powerful than filtering.

3 Likes

It could be used for Glyph Color, but it would be as useful as for Layer Color.
(For example with Glyph Color, you will not get any change by changing selected master)

Next version will have an option to use “Glyph Color” instead of “Layer Color”.

Same here, I was used to use Smart Filter for that :wink:
I will add an option for customise colour names, and I will make it available from the Plugin Manager.

1 Like

Cool! I’m starting a dingbat font for building fantasy maps and the plugin will help me group glyphs of the same class (mountains, hills, desert, grass, etc.). Thank you! Haha! XD

You don’t need the plugin for this. Set the Category to the desired name and it will groups them accordingly.

1 Like

Could you elaborate how I can do this?

Edit the glyph info for the respective glyphs. There’s a field for defining the glyphs’ category. Set that to your desired category and they will be automatically grouped. The little i symbol will indicate that you have custom glyph info set.