Noob q: Creating bullets and inline symbols for use in InDesign

Hi all,
I don’t have any software yet, and don’t know most of the font / glyph building terminology.

What I’d like to do is to create a large set of icons to be used both as bullets and symbols in InDesign. The symbols would be build in Illustrator.

It seems like Glyphs Mini 2 may work for this… Can anyone point out instructions or a tutorial that would demonstrate how this is done?

Any help appreciated!

1. Have you taken a look at the hundreds of symbol fonts already available? You may be reinventing the wheel.
  2. Don’t draw them in Illustrator. If you already use Illustrator, Glyphs is pretty similar and a lot easier to use for font making.
  3. Have you read any of the Glyphs Tutorials? Take a look at them, they are excellent. Look under the Learn tab on the Glyphs Home page.
  4. Reading the excellent Glyphs Handbook is a huge help too.

Thanks - As a start, I’m just trying to find out if the Mini 2 version will do what I need.

Scroll down a bit on that page and download the G2 Mini Handbook. It has the information you need. I would think for a simple symbol font it would do fine.

1 Like

Great! Thanks.