Numbers won't apply in changing font

I designed an Arabic typeface in glyphs and when I’m changing the font in illustrator the numbers stays the same and won’t apply to the text. but if I type them through the text it will be OK! why is that?

This is probably a font cache problem. Read this please:
http://www.glyphsapp.com/tutorials/eliminating-font-cache-problems

I recommend using the Adobe Fonts folder instead:
http://www.glyphsapp.com/tutorials/testing-your-fonts-in-adobe-apps

Thanks for your answer, but I’m only having this problem in AI, other Adobes like InDesign are ok.
and I’m changing the font family name in every single Export.

Please consider using the Adobe Fonts folder. You do not have to rename the family every time if you do.

Can you send me the .glyphs file please to support (at) (this website without www). I will have a look.

The problem solved when I added the English Decimal Digit Glyphs.
When I copy an arabic text from a website, the unicodes for digits are 0030-0039! which are for English Decimal Digits and AI Won’t change them. By adding these glyphs, the problem is no longer exists.
Can I Solve this Issue without adding English Digits?

No. The software apparently pastes these Unicode values, and the font must have glyphs assigned to them.

1 Like

thanks a lot :+1:

Hello, I have the same problem but I don’t know how to solve it.

Can anyone help me?

Have you tried the steps mentioned above?

Yes, in this way my problem was solved, but in this case I have to have 3 rows of numbers with languages
Farsi
Arabic
and Latin
But instead of Latin numbers, I have to put Persian and Arabic numbers.

0669 - 0660
06F0 - 06F9
They are for Arabic and Persian numbers
This is unprofessional !!!

And one more thing, when I type, it is used correctly, but not when I copy !! :expressionless: :neutral_face:

Can you explain what you don’t like here?

then you probably need some more chars in your font. It is a bit tricky to figure out what. You can try to add all Windows 1252 and/or Mac Roman characters.

:man_facepalming: :expressionless: