OpenType Properties are not applicable

I’m encountering a bug where even though I’ve correctly named my alternate glyphs (eg. g.ss07), have compiled the feature and even named the stylistic set, it just does not work in Adobe Indesign/Illustrator or even Keynote.

I’m perplexed as to why this is the case. My previous exports (for older designs of other fonts) worked fine.

Anyone else encountering this problem?

Hi Mark, nice to see you here :wave:

Have you tried that stylistic set in FontGoggles? That’s usually the best to check such things before testing in illustrator or even Keynote.

If it does not work in FontGoggles, something is indeed wrong. If it doesn’t work in Illustrator it could just be Adobe.

It might be a font cache problem: Eliminating font cache problems | Glyphs and Testing your fonts in Adobe apps | Glyphs

Just installed font goggles, doesn’t seem to change when I click the requited stylistic set.

@GeorgSeifert I also tried the instructions on clearing Font Caches and it’s not helped. Very frustrating. It’s as if the glyphs file has an error and is not exporting correctly (but I get zero errors on export)

I did a test where I coped a few glyphs (and alternates) into a new file and that worked perfectly.

Can you send me the .glyphs file, and maybe an indesign document that shows the problem?

The problem was an incomplete Languagesystems entry.