Overlapping Error

Hi. Im using glyphs for the first time and I have installed the Glyphs 3. After saving the file I’m unable to export the file as its showing overlapping error. I tried remove overlaps option but even that shows “overlapping error” for a particular letter.
After trying to export once or twice the app even starts hanging, and Id have to force quit and open again.

Hi. Im using glyphs for the first time and I have installed the Glyphs 3. After saving the file I’m unable to export the file as its showing overlapping error. I tried remove overlaps option but even that shows “overlapping error” for a particular letter.
After trying to export once or twice the app even starts hanging, and Id have to force quit and open again.

Can you send me the .glyphs file? And can you update to the latest cutting edge version (activate it in Preferences > Updates > show cutting edge versions).

I have found that many of the problems with overlap removal are related to path orientation (clockwise vs. counterclockwise). Try this:

1. Select all glyphs in Font view (Cmd-Opt-1)
  2. Path > Correct Path Direction (Cmd-Shift-R); if you have more than one master, also hold down the Opt key, so the command applies to all masters.
  3. Consider Path > Other > Convert to Cubic if the outlines were originally from a TTF.

Than you Georg Seifert. Your advice works. Now I can finally finish my project. Best regards. And thanks!