Palette plugin > Button to update features

Hello there,

In my journey learning python and writing my own scripts I came with the idea of a very basic plugin and even though it is not that amazing I would like to take the opportunity to learn how to build plugins. The idea is building a button in the palette that will update the features code. I have read the tutorial in the web site and the SDK template for palette plugins but I don’t really know where to start.

At the same time I’m looking for plugins that would have some similarities in order to understand what I need so this post is both meant to ask for any hints and also if you would recommend looking at some code if a similar plugin.

Thank you so much once again to those who will respond.

Have a look at the Plugin Manager. There are a lot plugins and most of them are open source. What you also could try is to put it in the bottom bar. Have a look at the “Show Underline” plugin.

2 Likes

There are a lot plugins and most of them are open source.

That’s true, actually that’s why I mentioned this. However, I’ll spend some time looking for which of them has the most similar thing to the one I have in mind.

What you also could try is to put it in the bottom bar. Have a look at the “Show Underline” plugin.

Oh, didn’t think about this! So you mean next to the “eye” that shows the preview, right?

Thanks a lot, Georg.

Yes.

1 Like