Pixelate a font

Is it possible to pixelate a font? I develop pixel art games, and I would like to create pixel fonts from “hi-res” fonts. I’ve found this script: https://github.com/mekkablue/Glyphs-Scripts/blob/master/Pixelfonts/Pixelate.py but I don’t think it does what I need… Any help please?

If those games are pixel art you should consider drawing the fonts instead of running a random font through a random script. Really, it is the only way to create good pixel fonts.

Also: please be more specific: why doesn’t this script does what you need?

Thanks for your answer. As I don’t create all the code from scratch (I’m using a game engine), I think it will be faster if I don’t create the font from scratch. I want to create a pixelated font from another font. If the result is not good, I can modify it, but at least I don’t have to do all the work.

You can start with the Pixelate plugin in Window > Plugin Manager and the Pixelfont scripts in the mekkablue scripts. Find them via the Extend page.

1 Like

Thank you for your answer mekkablue. I installed the plugin via Plugin Manager, and it works like a charm. Thank you again.