Please get rid of the «hand» floating tooltip

This is a silly little detail, but it’s been costing me time and nerves for a long time.

Whenever I make a screenshot of my Glyphs editing window to use in a forum post, I switch to the Hand tool to get rid of the character delimiters and kerning shadows that plague the text view. Way too often, this leads to a screenshot like this:
Screenshot 2021-02-18 at 15.12.05
I’m sure it’s sensible to have a floating tooltip when you hover over one of the tool buttons, but I can’t for the life of me figure out why it should appear with a slight delay in the middle of my working window and then just stick around there.

I’d be grateful if you could get rid of this behavior…

Cheers, Christian

Can you send a bigger screenshot? This tooltip should only appear when you hover over the toolbar. And then it should be high above the drawings?

I’ll try to get you one.

The tooltip appears at the momentary location of the mouse and then sticks there. I have the impression that its appearance coincides with pressing the modifier keys for the screenshot, but I could be wrong.

This is a more common problem a and probably not particularly related to Glyphs:

Do you have any system addons or extensions running? Think window managers, maintenance tools and the like.