[Plugin Feature Requests] Variable Font Preview

Is there a way to change color of Variable font preview masters? plugin color is too bright and pale, and also when I press space bar to view black it disappear. Is it way to set color to black or other color?
what about space bar? is it possible when pressing space, plugin show instance preview?
@Mark

Hi @Reza

Thanks for your feedback!

So there are 2 related things:

1. (Involved) Master color
  2. Preview when spacebar is held

Regarding 1)
Currently there is no way. The colors are computed dynamically depending on the amount of involved masters, so that every master has a different color and no duplication is happening. One could consider making them more saturated or dark, but they need to be a little on the pale side in order to not overdub your actual drawing.
Do you have a screenshot (or even a photo of your screen) where I can see how it looks for you? That would help a lot.

Regarding 2)
I would like to refrain from that, because usually the spacebar (temporary hand tool) is meant to see your glyphs plain and without any distractions from metrics or other stuff. Many (if not all reporter plugins) do not draw in that case in order to respect that behaviour.
How important is for it to see the other masters when holding the space bar? What is a good use case where this really helps? (You can still see them when just not holding the space bar)

For both cases you are the first user to request that, so I assume not many users find those things to be a problem.

Thanks for responding @Mark
This is my suggestion for plugin

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestions. I understand better what you are after.
Will have a look. Most of those could be implemented soon.
The play button has been requested a few times, but there is no ETA for that.