Plugins and opentype

Hello, I really like Glyphs, and think it’s off to a great start. I have two questions though.

1. I’m having difficulty getting the opentype features to work. Smallcaps seem to work, but I can’t get the auto generate to recognize .lf and .tf. Also, how would I go about creating .liga and .dlig features? For example a ck ligature. Is it possible to hand code the features, like in FontLab?

2. Is it possible to get python plugins written for FontLab to work in Glyphs? I’ve looked through the documentation, but that seems to be aimed at people developing their own scripts. In particular I’d like to add the interpolated nudge (http://betatype.com/node/18) and Font Remix tools.

Thanks,
Travis

Hi, Travis
Thanks that you like Glyphs.

1. it seems, that the numbers-Features were broke in the most recent version. I fixed it for the next release.
    Ligatures need to be names “c_k”. There is a hard coded list of ligatures for the liga feature, all others go to dlig.
    It is possible to code you own features. Click the plus button, name the feature (click the empty line in the list and then write the code without the feature xxx { and } xxxx; lines.

2. If you are interested in making your own plugins, I can give you some files that will help you. I know of the interpolate node script and plan to support it someday, but if you would try to implement it, it would be great.
    As with the RMX tool it is not possible for you to port it. I’m working with Tim Ahrens on implementing the RMX tools to Glyphs.

Georg

Thanks Georg. I appreciate you taking the time to answer. The plugin stuff may be a bit over my head, but I’d be interested in taking a stab at it.

Are there other helpful files, or tools I should have, that aren’t on the scripting page?

Thanks,
Travis

I did start building some sample files to get you started with plugin making. Can you tell me, what you want to try? Than I can prepare some files.

I’d like to make a plugin for interpolated nudge, or do something similar.

You can also contact me directly at design(at)traviskochel.com