Problems with switching lowercase text to uppercase in adobeAICC

i’ve almost finished my font and still find a bug when i use my font in adobe Illustrator CC18. my font have just uppercase letters (with some stylistic alternate sets). when i write a text in AICC18 in lowercase and set it in the type window the option “All Caps” my font is not switching to the uppercase glyphs. when i type the text in real uppercase letters with the caps option on the keyboard the font is working. intresting is also, while i select the font in the fontlist i get the right preview with the switching lowercase characters. after release and select the font, the text will not be shown like the preview…?
in adobe IDCC18 is the font still working with switching lowercase to uppercase with the option “cmd - shift - K”.

The update to verison 2.5 will give you an option to properly handle it. You can try the beta version. Select all uppercase and run Glyphs > Update Glyph Info. This will apply double encodings to the upper case and all three lines will render with all uppercase.

1 Like

Hi @pictomato, this is a standard behaviour of Adobe Illustrator for at least 15 years. This bug is not related to fonts, any missing glyph will cause the font change in AI. Nevertheless solution recommended by Georg will help to avoid this situation in AI by mapping your glyphs to lowercase AND uppercase.

1 Like