Quotation marks

My font won’t display the correct quotation marks prior to export in Glyphs. My double quotation marks appear as single marks and my right hand side quote marks appear as left quote marks.

Any help in solving this issue would be appreciated.

Thanks

The marks show up correct in Glyphs?
Is it a multiple Master font?
What version are you using?

Can you export the font with a different font name?

Apologies for reviving an old thread, but I’m having the same problem. I’ve read through other forum queries on the subject and have tried the suggested solutions with no success. I’ve run Glyph > Update font info. I have all the quote marks and also have quotedbl and quotesingle. It’s not a cache issue as I’m using the Adobe folder for testing.
None of the quote glyphs have been created from components — is that the source of my problem?
Thanks in advance.

can you send the the .glyphs and the .otf file?

Thanks Georg. I’ve sent the Glyphs file and the .otf to support(at)thissite.

I had a look at the file. There are a few things wrong.

• You put curly quotes in quotesingle and quotedbl
  • In quotedblright, there are two quoteright component on top of each other rather than next to each other. That is why they appear as a single quote. quotedblleft has the similar component placement problem.
  • quoteleft and quotedblleft should have a six shape, the shapes you currently have in there should be in quotereversed and quotedblrightreversed.

Thanks for looking into it Mekkablue. I’ve corrected the curlyquotes and moved the components in quotedblleft and quotedblright.
I don’t understand what you mean by “a six shape” in your third point though. Can you elaborate please?

[edit] Nevermind, I understand now. (haven’t had my morning coffee yet, brain is not fully functioning).

1 Like