Remember the state of the sidebar

I just set up some folders for my smart filters. Feels very organised. :wink:

But then I realised they are always collapsed when I open a font. Oh no! The whole idea was to access them quicker, but in fact, it got much slower to select them.

Would it be possible for Glyphs to remember which folders are expanded? Thanks!
(And also the width of the sidebar, as I have enough space on my screen, and don’t like truncated filter names).

2 Likes

Oh, and it would be great if Glyphs also remembered which filter is selected (for me, having a filter selected is the normal state, not the exception).

1 Like

I was wondering whether to write exactly the same post for the past week! I also put my character sets in folders and they always collapse for each new file/opening of Glyphs. Wholeheartedly second this notion. Thanks for considering!

1 Like

This is in the works!

2 Likes

Any chance this will be included soon?

Will be in 3.2

1 Like

Seems like this is still not fully implemented right? It would be really useful if Glyphs remembered the filter I selected in the sidebar.

Works for me, using the latest cutting-edge release. Is there any pattern that you can identify where a file does not restore the expanded state in the sidebar? Or are there specific sections that are not restored?

I am talking about remembering the selected filter. The expanded state is restored.

I see. 3.2 is being finalized right now, so I don’t think the feature will make it into the 3.2 release. However, 3.2.1 will probably follow without much of a delay, even less so, if you are using the cutting-edge version.