Remove Glyphs in order to reduce set

I’m trying to work with a smaller set by removing some of the glyphs that will not be used ‘Cyrillic, Greek, Arabic’ etc, and simplify the set to only the basic characters needed. Once I attempt to export the reduced set I get an error message that lists all the ‘missing’ glyphs.

Is there an easy way to simplify the set so that I can work with the only glyphs needed (approx 100)?

thanks in advance
-J

The missing glyphs warning comes from feature code that references the removed glyphs. So if you remove glyphs, you need to remove/update feature code (in Font Info > Features), too.

You can use a ‘Remove Glyphs’ parameter to do the subsetting on export for each instance. have a look in the handbook about the details.

Thanks for the info, just wondering if there is a way to potentially ‘filter’ out the characters not needed, so i don’t need to manually remove almost 1500 glyphs?

thanks again,
-J

If you use automatic generated features, the ‘Remove Glyphs’ parameter will take care of the rest.

thanks again for your help with this, i appreciate it!

Hi George - the “remove glyphs” bounces to the top of the list, even if I set it as the last thing to be done (first image). If I click away and come back, it’s moved up (second image). This messes up the export.

You can only have one rename parameter.

Can you send me the file that I can check the parameter order?