RMX Scaler crash when pasting stored values

Is this a known bug? I just upgraded to cutting edge hoping that would resolve the issue but it hasn’t. It crashes when values are copied from an existing rmx scaled glyph or from a text file. It was working previously, only other thing I can think of is that the number of masters in this file grew to four from two and contracted back down to two. Just an idea as I know master numbers has been an issue in the past.

I installed the latest RMX plugin.

osx 10.10.5 glyphs 2.6.4 (1273)

Thanks for the report. No, it is not a known bug. Could you send the .glyphs file that causes the crash? If I can reproduce it here I am sure the bug will be quick to fix.

1 Like

Thanks Tim — just messaged you with the file.

Btw, which version of RMX are you using? Is it the latest version? You can do Preferences > Addons > select Font Remix Tools > click on Check for updates.

I’m not sure of the previous version but I updated to latest rmx in the hope that would resolve it.

Currently the update check crashes Glyph :expressionless:

You mean, Glyphs crashes when you push the button “Check for updates”? That would be a case for @GeorgSeifert. The data returned by my server as you push that button is rather primitive (and hasn’t structurally changed recently).

1 Like

Probably the reason for the crash is that you are using OS X 10.10 Yosemite whereas the latest version of RMX is built for OS X 10.11 or later. Sorry, looks like I underestimated that some people are using very old OS versions. Any particular reason why you are not upgrading?

If you contact me by email I can send you a version built for OS X 10.10.

Ha… I’ve heard that before. It’s not that old. Frankly I distrust upgrades as a general rule :slight_smile:

The thing is copy/paste works for other fonts with this version of rmx, but any way…

Will drop you a mail.