@Mark Thanks for your feedback. I have been using the plugin the best I knew how. As far as I am aware, there is no documentation to explain its use. I went to your website just now and found video snippets for version 2, which helped me figure out how to get rid of that popup. The video snippets don’t have much context, so I’m not always sure how to make the interface do what I see in the animation. As I have experimented, I have discovered how more things work.
Keeping the popup active all the time, or killing it and reactivating it makes no difference—the unpredictable slider behavior is the same. Now that I know I can get rid of the popup, I will never use it again. It must have been active my default. I like how I now have a longer space to preview a string.
Even without the popup, I still see problems with the slider not being visible. For example, I check to see that the plugin is active, I select a row of glyphs and double-click. The slider is not visible above my string of glyphs. I verify again that the plugin is active. There is a check by it, but I see no slider. I use the key command to toggle the plugin, and the slider appears.
Of course, if I stay in that same preview window, I can type new things and the slider stays there. But, if I try opening a new string of glyphs in a new tab, the slider will probably not be there. If the slider is visible, I can touch an individual glyph and it shows up in color. If the slider is not visible, clicking an individual glyph doesn’t show the glyph in color—it stays black.
Oddly, if I move back to a tab that had a visible slider, that slider will be gone. I can still see the active glyph in color, but there is no slider to make it do anything. If I use the keys to toggle the plugin off and on, the slider comes back.
My current workflow is for verification. I am checking for glyphs that appear to be compatible—not flagged with red—but when tested they morph incorrectly. I have been going through and fixing glyphs as I find them. That is my reason for selecting a row of glyphs and testing them as a string.
I will try deactivating the other Reporter plugins and let you know if it changes anything.