Smart component inside scaled multiple level nested glyphs does not scale and interpolate correctly between masters

Smart component inside scaled multiple level nested glyphs does not scale and interpolate correctly between masters.

At attached screenshot, upper left scales and interpolates correctly, while lower right does not. The upper left has 1 level of nesting (the smart component is inside a scaled non-exporting glyph that is inside an exporting glyph). The lower right has 2 levels of nesting (the smart component is inside a non-exporting glyph that is inside another scaled non-exporting glyph that is inside an exporting glyph).

At no nesting, properties are changed in sliders of the user defined property ranges. At 1 level of nesting, properties are changed by a slider from -200 to 200 that are additive to the non-nested property values. At more than 1 level of nesting, it is not possible to change properties. At 0 or 1 level of nesting, it seems that scaling is applied correctly to the smart component and it’s property values. At more than 1 level of nesting it seems that scaling is applied incorrectly or not applied at all to the smart component and its property values.

At the masters themselves, the nested glyphs with the smart component inside them appears to scale correctly at the masters themselves, regardless of the number of nested levels. The incorrect scaling occurs at instance interpolations of nested glyphs of more than 1 level of nesting. It is possible that the interpolation software only looks one level deep during scaling so the component is scaled incorrectly or not scaled at all when the component is more than 1 level deep inside nested non-exporting glyphs.

If the nested glyphs are decomposed so the smart component is only inside one non-exporting glyph before scaling, then the instance interpolations are correct.

If the nested glyphs and smart component are decomposed completely to base graphics with no components, then the instance interpolations are correct.

The ability to nest a smart component multiple levels deep within scaled nested non-exporting glyphs is a significant benefit for the implementation that I am trying. For example, with scaled multiple levels of nested non-exporting glyphs that have a smart component with a weight property inside the nested glyphs, changing the weight property of the smart component can automatically change the weight of 100 glyphs at a time. But, with only one level of nesting it would require going into each of the 100 glyphs separately and changing the value of each smart component separately, which would require significantly more, especially as the complexity of the implementation increases.

Any possibility of getting this to work for nested glyphs that are nested more than 1 level would be a great help. Any advice would be appreciated.

Scaled%20nested%20glyph%20interpolations

Can you send me the file?

I do not understand what you are trying to do. I can see that it is not working correctly and I have a look, but you have to many things that do almost the same thing and.