Smart component renaming function request

I have some smart component with the same name, so I have to rename them by adding suffix 1, 2, 3 after the same name. Instead of reminding “replace it”, can you add a new function to keep it and add suffix automatically, just like what we do with same name files in windows browser.
屏幕快照 2022-04-12 上午11.09.38

1 Like

How exactly did you rename the glyph?

used selected part to create smart component. when I create a same name part, I have to set a name plus suffix if there is any already there. I hope it could be automatically add a suffix if possible. so I don’t have to check it manually before renaming.

屏幕快照 2022-04-12 下午2.29.38
屏幕快照 2022-04-12 下午2.29.18
屏幕快照 2022-04-12 下午3.15.47

any idea?

Sorry for not answering earlier.
You mean when you type a name that is already taken, it should automatically add a number?

an pop us message asking to “replace” or “add as new”, would be great.

I found a simpler solution:

It shows an exclamation mark if the name is already taken. So you can edit the name until you have a unique name.

2 Likes

smart

in the new update 3125, it’s not included. can you update this ,pls?

hello?

That change is scheduled for the next bigger update. That will be out as soon I can finish 3.0.5.

thanks. I hope this bigger update is not very long. Last time you told me “bigger update” is still not coming, and it’s been a long time.

Is this a big change? several updates recently, but there is no update of this .

That big update is pushed a bit further. Sorry.