Some kerning pairs don't work in photoshop, work fine in Illustrator

For some reason, the kerning I have between P and S doesn’t work in Photoshop but works fine in Illustrator. They also show up in Glyphs properly. I’ve double-checked that there’s only one version of the font on my machine, even changed the font name and re-exported.

This is also true when I upload the font to fontsquirrel.com to make a webfont.

Am I missing something?

I would need the .glyphs file to have a look. Can you send it with eMail?

I just emailed you. Thanks!

Alzo make sure you have the “fractional widths” option checked in Photoshop, otherwise type won’t be kerned

Also

@learn2kern: AFAIK, most browsers don’t support kerning. So for a webfont, you ought to make sure it runs ok without kerning.

But for the ones who do, turn on css property: text-render: optimizeLegibility. Works like a charm in ffox and chrome!

I am having the same issue. Kerning pairs work in Illustrator and InDesign, but not in Photoshop.

Was there ever a resolution to this?
Thanks.

Which version of Photoshop?
Have you properly activated kerning and fractional widths?
http://www.photoshopessentials.com/basics/type/character-panel/

CS3 10.0…oldschool, yeah I know.

Character panel and fractional widths aren’t resolving the issue.
Although, I have to admit I’m not entirely sure what exactly you mean by “properly activated kerning”. Can you elaborate?

It sounds like this is a known issue without a known solution? I will try it on CS5 today.

Thanks for the assistance.

I don’t have Photoshop. If you want, I can take a look at your OTF and see if the kerning is done properly. If it is, it must be a Photoshop issue and you can get help in an Adobe forum.

Is there nothing in the PS help files about font feature support?

It seems to be something specific to CS3. Kerning looks ok in Photoshop CS5.1, so I think I’m onto something. I’ll have a look at their help files and post anything useful I come up with here.

If I’m still stumped I may take you up on your offer to check out my OTF. Thanks!