Spacing issues in Photoshop

Hello friends,

I am creating a geometric font with a frame. Spacing is perfect on Glyphs, Illustrator and InDesign. But in Photoshop, I have small spacing issues between certain letters, even is the dimensions of the letters are all perfect. No differences. Is it a bug from PS ? Should I overlap that frame between letters? Do I need to activate something regarding to kerning or spacing?

Here is a screenshot of the problem:

Thanks for your help,

Francis

It seems to be a problem regarding with size and maybe pixels. When at 60pt, there is the issue but it disappears at 72.

1. Do you have hinting in the font? Disable it.
  2. Consider small overlaps (10-20 units deep) at the connections, like in Arabic fonts.

And in the end, the rendering is figured out by the rasterizer, some of the issues will only go away once you turn the font into outlines.

Hi Rainer,

Sorry for the delay! Thanks for your reply. I turned off the hinting and it seems already better even if not perfect yet. What do you mean by “turning the font into outlines”, using blending modes ?

Cheers,

Hi Fran, if you right-click onto the text layer, select Convert to shape in order to transform your text into outlines. This should resolve some of the rasterising issues.

1 Like

I would draw all connecting bars like this:
Screenshot

1 Like

@Fran6 what happens if you set font aliasing to None in photoshop?
57%20PM
55%20PM

(Sorry, needed to close this topic because it was targeted by spambots.)