Suggestion about CustomFilter.plist

I know that it is possible to add certain filters to a project by placing a .plist file next to a glyphs file. But it is not possible to use multiple CustomFilter.plist files at the root of Glyphs (~/Library/Application Support/Glyphs 3).

Would it be possible to change this? It would be very useful in the following scenario:
Let’s say I want to share my CustomFilter.plist with someone, but they don’t want to replace their current file. Their only solution is to place it next to each of their glyph files, which is not a practical solution for global use.

Another solution would be to add an option in the Filters menu called “Import Filters,” which would allow users to select a CustomFilter.plist file and merge it with their current file.

What do you mean, it’s not possible to add mutliple custom filters? You can add as many custom filters as you like in ~/Library/Application Support/Glyphs 3/Filters. The naming is as follows: CustomFilterYOUR NAME.plist. This will make the filter appear under the title YOUR NAME in Glyphs. For instance, I have a CustomFilterCHARACTER SETS.plist, which shows up like this:

1 Like

I didn’t know it was possible to add “Filters” folder with extra CustomFilter.plist.
Merci @SCarewe

Maybe this folder could be generated as default ?
And could it be possible to detect alias file ?

I fixed the loading from aliases and symlinks.

1 Like