I’m diving into my first font project and just to make it interesting it’s with an SVG font.
I’m having one issue in the file set up:
- When I copy the master layer to place the SVG the registration is way off. When I show the master I can see it is high and way to the left of the copied layers guides.
And then I’m having three issues on export: (two of which I am hoping are related to the issue above)
- The hight of the font extends beyond the text box. (baseline alignment is good though)
- The kerning is very negative (-250+) which aligns roughly to the measurement in the SVG layer side bearing measurement I guess due to the misaligned master.
- SVG image scale is not being respected.
Am I missing a really simple technical setting somewhere?
What version of Glyphs do you have?
The latest version. Running on Mac OS X.
Latest cutting edge version? Please paste the number between parentheses you see in Glyphs > About Glyphs.
Good question! Sorry was away from my computer.
This version here: Version 2.5.1 (1141)
Can you try the latest cutting edge version. You need to activate it in Preferences > Updates
Thank you I will try first thing tomorrow and report back.
Unfortunately that didn’t help.
Updated to Version 2.5.2 (1165)
Still the same issues with layer alignment even on new files created.
And the same issues on export to OTF.
Hey team, any0ne still there?
We’re launching the typeface on Tuesday next week so was really hoping to get to the bottom of this one otherwise will just have to launch it as a type sheet for now.
I have tried the following…
• setting up SVGs with exactly the same dimensions as the glyph artboard
– Result: baseline is too high like it is not respecting the -200 at the bottom and the scale is not respected either so the letters are stretched horizontally in some instances
• setting up SVGs with no white space around edges
– Result: upon import (drag and drop) on to artboard they come in oversized and need to be scaled down. The right side bearing then registers a large negative number and is inaccurate. The letters in the type face then set on top of each other like they are kerned by that negative number.
Any thoughts on anything else to try would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
Can you send me the .glyphs file (to support at this domain, or per direct message in the forum)?
Thank you Georg, much appreciated. Sent through now over email.