TextPreview app doesn't work

Hello there,
I would like to use this amazing new app but it doesn’t work in my environment. I have Big Sur 11…5.2 and the latest version of Glyphs 3.0.3. I can’t choose the font folder in the TextPreview windows. Anyone has the same problem?

You can use the Text Preview build into Glyphs with WindowText Preview.

it is the one i’m using it at the moment and it looks like this:

Can you try the latest cutting edge version (activate it in Preferences > Updates > Show Cutting edge versions).

Done, update to 3.0.4 version. Apparently nothing has changed. I Still don’t know where is possible to choose the folder path for TextPreview

My collegue has the same mac, same software version and TextPreview is working fine for him. The difference is that he is using Catalina. So I suppose this could be the problem…

The Text Preview in Glyphs uses whatever font you are currently working on. You don’t need to set a folder and you don’t need to export to see the changes.

I have a file that window> Text Preview doesn’t work. For other files it works fine but I couldn’t find whats wrong with that file.

Does the file have an instance in FileFont Info…Exports? There should be at least one instance and that instance should be selected in the Text Preview window (in the instance pop-over menu).

And the font should not show an error when you export it manually.

1 Like

Quick follow-up question: is there going to be an update of GlyphsViewer for iPad, compatible with Glyphs 3? Or maybe a new version?

I need to look at all those tools – when I find some time …

3 posts were split to a new topic: Problem with Text Preview