The data couldn't be written because of an error in the destination data

[3213]

Hello, in addition to still getting the “The data couldn’t be read” popup every time I start Glyphs, I am now getting “The data couldn’t be written because of an error in the destination data” when I try to copy a glyph:
image

Any pointers as to where this comes from?

Fixed.

Having the same issue again. What can I do?

Can you check the file permissions in the export destination?

I have set all permissions to Read&Write for everyone in the Adobe>Fonts folder. Tried my project folder and Glyphs files too. Doesn’t help.
The window above pops up when I try to copy certain glyphs in font view. But not for all glyphs. Any hint?

Could you provide us a file with these glyphs and point out one example glyph where it does not work? You can also make a copy of your file and delete all glyphs except for one that has this issue, that should suffice.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll have a look.

1 Like

I uploaded the file here. Please let me know if you did not receive it.
Then just try to copy the glyph in font view with CMD + C.

Looks like an issue with a plug-in. Run the following code to remove any “Bubble” related data which is malformed:

for glyph in Font.glyphs:
	for layer in glyph.layers:
		del layer.userData["BubbleL"]
		del layer.userData["BubbleR"]

(Plug-in author is informed.)

1 Like

Thank you for finding that so quickly Florian!
Those layer weren’t visible to me.
And also thanks for letting Toshi know.

I updated yesterday to 4.2.0 and I got this message when trying to copy any glyph.

that has ben reported here: Can't copy glyphs in Glyphs 4

1 Like