Tosche's instance sliders script

it works now, thanks.

I am having this problem again of failing to import any Robofab-related module. I do have GSPen.py and objectsGS.py directly under Scripts folder and they are both latest. Could you fix this?

Instance slider’s not working for me, running Yosemite 10.10.5, tried it on my Imac running Sierra thinking that would work but to no avail! Any ideas or help appreciated cheers

Do you get anything in the Macro window?

No nothing :frowning:

Perhaps reinstall the scripts and modules. There should be some statement in the Macro window indicating at least start and finish of the script running.

Can you check if you have checked “Use system console for script output”. If so, deactivate it and restart Glyphs.

Thanks for the replies, here’s what the macro window now says after deactivating system console for script output

import vanilla

ImportError: No module named vanilla
End
Start
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “InstanceSlider.py”, line 7, in
import vanilla
ImportError: No module named vanilla
End

Then you need to install vanialla. You can do so from the preferences > addons > modules.

Managed to install Vanilla via Terminal following another string on here, preferences method didn’t work, now I get this problem

ImportError: No module named robofab.interface.all.dialogs

Why not via the Preferences? It has the added advantage that it also installs Robofab.

Nothing happened bar the messages in the Terminal

If you click the button and wait until the spinning beachball cursor is over, Robofab and Vanilla are installed, after which you may need to restart the app, or possibly log out of and back into your user.

Yeah I tried this no joy unfortunately, here’s the message I got

Start
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “InstanceSlider.py”, line 10, in
from robofab.interface.all.dialogs import AskString
ImportError: No module named robofab.interface.all.dialogs
End

Finally sorted now, thanks for all the help :slight_smile: